Find the right videos for your classes based on theme and difficulty.
There are thousands of authentic language videos on thisislanguage.com, so we've made it as simple as possible to find the right one for your classes. Here are all of the ways you can find appropriate videos for your students.
Method 1: Browse by theme
1. Click on the orange Videos button on your homepage.
2. Find the theme you'd like to explore and click on a tag.
3. Browse all of the available videos, or use the box at the top of the page to filter them based on their difficulty rating and available exercises.
Top tip: If you've found a video you really like and you want to share it with a colleague, all you need to do is find the ID number under the video player on any video page, and send it to them! They can put it in the search bar and be taken straight to the video.
Method 2: Use the Video Guide
We've put some guides together to make it even easier for you to find the content you're looking for.
1. Click on the yellow Printables button on your homepage.
2. Click on Guides for Getting Started.
3. Click on the Video Guide to download it. Inside you'll find a list of all the questions we've asked our interviewees.
4. Find a question related to the topics you're teaching. Next to it, you'll see a list of ID numbers under the headings of different languages.
5. Copy the ID number that corresponds to the language you're teaching.
6. Go back to thisislanguage.com, make sure you're in the right language, paste the ID into the search bar at the top of the page and hit enter. You'll be taken straight to the video!
Top tip: You can also try using our textbook guides to find content tailored to the sections of your textbook.
Method 3: Search by vocab
Is there a particular piece of vocab you'd like to find? Maybe a word that's come up in class that you'd like to show your students in context? Simple. Just type the word into the search bar at the top of the page, and you'll be taken to a list of all of the videos we have that include it. Just make sure you're in the right language first!
Top tip: Every video page on thisislanguage.com includes links to other videos of different interviewees answering the same question. If you've found a video on a topic that you like, just scroll down to browse the related videos and find more on the same theme.