We're hosting some handy webinars to help you get ready for the new school year! Click here to find a slot that suits you.
If you choose to add students to your account without an email address, a registration code will be generated for them. Students have to use this code to log in to the site for the first time.
If you have added a student to your account but they say that they cannot log in, this may be because they have not used their Registration Code!
In this article we will cover:
1. Finding the registration codes for students you have already added to the site
2. How students can use their registration code to log in and finish setting up their account
3. Registered vs. not registered: how to tell if a student has accessed the site and set up their account
1: Finding Student Registration Codes
To find your students' registration codes:
- Hover over your name in the top right-hand corner and select Classes
- Find the class whose codes you are looking for, and click 'View students'
- Click the green Registration Codes button
You can then download a printout of these codes to distribute to your students, if that would be useful.
2: Using the Registration Codes
The first time a student logs in to thisislanguage.com they should enter their code into the Quick Student Registration box. They will then be asked to enter their email address and create a password.
From then on, they will use their email address and password to log in.
3: What do registered and unregistered mean?
If you see the text 'already registered' in place of a registration code, this means the student in question has successfully logged in and created their account.
This student can now log in with their email address and the password they chose.
If you see 'not registered' in the place of an email address or username, this means the student has not yet accessed the site.
You will need to remind them of their registration code: see part 1 (above) for details on how to find this code.