Set up classes to start setting work for your students and monitoring their progress.
Whether your students have used the site before or not, here's how to set up your classes:
1. Log in to thisislanguage.com.
2. Hover over your name and click Classes.
3. Click Add a Class.
4. Enter the class details and click Create Class.
5. On the next screen you can add students to your class. It doesn't matter whether these students have used the site before or not.
Either type in your students' names or copy from your class list by clicking Copy/paste from Word or Excel.
6. Copy your students' names from your class list and paste them into the box. Click Next.
7. Each student only needs one account, regardless of the number of languages they study, or classes they are in.
If the system spots that one of the students you are adding already has an account, you'll see a message which says "We found a match" in this drop-down menu. Click on the student you want to add to the class.
If the students have never used the site before, a new account will be created for them automatically.
8. Click Finish.
9. Your class has now been set up!
Each new student will be given a registration code which they should use to log in for the first time. Once logged in, they will be asked to set up a username and password which they will use to log in from then on.
Students who have used the site before will log in using their existing username and password.
Click Download Printout to print a note for each student containing their code/login details!
That's it, your new students have been added and your class set up - all in one go!