For department administrators: add all of the students in your school, in one go!
Top tip: If you're just adding your own students, it's simpler to add them as classes. Find out how here!
To start with, you need to get your excel file in the right format to upload!
1. Open up a blank Excel document.
2. Type in the following column headers: First name, Last name, Email address/username, Password.
3. Add you student data to the spreadsheet. You copy and paste the details from whichever source you normally use (SIMS etc.)
If your students don't have email addresses, choose a username for each of them.
Set the password to whatever you like; your students will be able to change it once they log in.
4. Click on Save as.
5. Give your file a name and make sure that you save it as a .xls file! Click Save.
You're now ready to upload the file!
1. Log into thisislanguage.com, hover over your name in the top right and select Student Accounts.
2. On the Student Accounts page, click Advanced student upload
3. Select your excel file.
4. Click Upload.
Your students can now log in with the email address/username and password given in the spreadsheet.