Archive old students to make space for adding new ones.
When you archive a student, they are removed from thisislanguage.com and can no longer log in, but their details (including points and personal information) will be stored for two months.
You can reactivate a student by adding them to a class during this 2-month period and their account will be fully restored. Any account that is not reactivated within two months will be permanently deleted, along with all of the student's data.
Top tip: at the beginning of a new academic year, archive all of the students left over from the previous year. Those that still need access to the site will be reactivated when you add the new classes, and they won't have lost any of their work or points!
1. Log in to thisislanguage.com and hover over your name in the top right-hand corner. Select Student Accounts.
2. Find the student or students you wish to remove and click on the checkbox by their name. Click Archive and confirm that you'd like to archive those students. Simple!
3. If finding all the students to archive this way is time consuming, you can also filter the students by class using the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
4. Archived students can be reactivated by adding them to a class. Simply copy/paste their names into the text box.
5. And then select the student's email from the drop-down box on the next page.
6. Click Save and the student will be added to the class and their account will become active again!